Retirement Income Planning
You No Longer Have a Company Paycheck, Now What?
If we fail to plan for “life after work”, all the plans and effort we put into our working lives, could be jeopardized.
What will retirement look like? Are we spending too much? What if we’re not saving enough? How frequently should we be saving? Could we run out of money in retirement? Should I invest the same way my brother does? Will I end up paying taxes on all this money? How much will we need in retirement? Will Government and Employer pension plans cover us through retirement? Sound familiar?
If we don’t plan for retirement, we’ll never be able to prepare for it. And an ill-prepared retirement is bound to be one filled with financial stress and chaos!
What We Can Do For You
For our clients, retirement planning doesn’t start at retirement. It starts much before. Our Retirement Planning service takes a long-term view of your financial wellbeing. We use a life-cycle approach to ensure your “life after work” is as well-planned as your life prior to retirement.
- Your Personalized Strategy: Everything we do for you centers around four pillars.
- Helping you plan to achieve your financial goals prior to retirement
- Planning to ensure you have sufficient income during retirement
- Putting plans in place to safeguard your nest egg against potential catastrophes
- Planning for your legacy
- Developing the Plan: Remember all those questions you had on your mind – largely unanswered? Well, we’ll work with you to create a retirement plan that addresses every one of them. When we’re done, you’ll not only know what you need (income) to fund your retirement lifestyle, and what your investments will generate; but you’ll also know how to bridge the shortfall – if any.
- Implementing the Plan: As you move closer to retirement, we’ll work closely with you to ensure the plans are implemented in a phased and orderly manner. The goal of our Retirement Planning approach is to make transitioning into retirement as seamless and stress-free as possible.
- Decision Making on Pensions and Benefits: We will be right there when you need us, providing help and advice on pensions and benefits (Government or Employer). Whether to apply or not? When to apply? Survivor benefits? What to do with those funds…and much more.
- Looking Out for You in Retirement and Beyond: Our Retirement Planning service isn’t done yet – not by a long shot. To live a long and fulfilling retirement, you’ll need help with many other facets of your life – Health Care, Insurance, Beneficiaries, Gifting and Legacy Planning.
- Ongoing Reviews: Our Retirement Planning service ensures that we maintain a long and enduring relationship with you. We’ll continue to monitor and review your retirement plans and consult with you frequently about any changes or updates needed to address your evolving retirement lifestyle needs.